2022-23 new member drive
Would you like to become a full member of the Friends of Erskineville? Annual memberships start on 1 July each year and the standard rate for individuals is $20.
If you are one of our email list subscribers or follow us on Facebook or Twitter but haven’t yet become a member, we’d love to have your extra support.
All membership fees go toward our community building work, campaigns and advocacy, including printing flyers, hosting stalls and public meetings and website costs. Membership also entitles you to vote at meetings and nominate for the committee. Payment is via Paypal (which includes credit card) or by direct bank transfer into our account.
You can join or renew your membership here.
Over the last year we:
– Co-hosted a Lord Mayoral candidates forum and a Seat of Sydney candidates forum, including polling residents to ensure your top issues were covered.
– Continued our campaign to abolish ‘2 votes for business‘ in the City of Sydney council election.
– Provided support to Hands off Glebe and Action for Public Housing in campaigns to defend and extend public housing.
– Pushed back on plans for 400+ units next to the Sydney Park wetlands. Although we weren’t able to stop the development, the final approval came in at 356 units.
– Started a new campaign with REDWatch and ARAG for an active transport bridge across the rail corridor at Eveleigh, gaining full City of Sydney support.
– Hosted a forum on Trees and Urban Cooling, co-hosted forums on Commonsense Mobility, Sydenham to Bankstown rail conversion, and Traffic Signals and Making Walking Better.
– Formed part of the new Coalition Caring for Community Centres which had a win making council venues free for community groups.
– Saw our campaigns for improved walkability and 30km/h speed limits on local streets bear fruit. We got an extra wombat crossing of Macdonald St, work started on another on Coulson St and two more signalised pedestrian crossings were approved on Mitchell Rd and Sydney Park Rd. We are still pushing to save the bike lane on the Swanson St bridge.
– Maintained memberships with the Newtown Neighbourhood Centre and Shelter NSW.
– Kept the community informed via regular updates on email, facebook and twitter.
We look forward to you joining or renewing your membership. If you have just recently renewed, thank you for your support. Together we can make a really positive contribution to Erskineville.
The Friends of Erskineville committee
- S Prev
Got something to say?