2021-22 new member drive
Would you like to become a full member of the Friends of Erskineville? Annual memberships start on 1 July each year and the standard rate for individuals is $20.
If you are one of our email list subscribers or follow us on Facebook or Twitter but haven’t yet become a member, we’d love to have your extra support.
All membership fees go toward our community building work, campaigns and advocacy, including printing flyers, hosting stalls and public meetings and website costs. Payment is via Paypal (which includes credit card) or by direct bank transfer into our account.
You can join or renew your membership here.
Despite the difficulties of COVID, over the last year we:
– had our biggest win yet: the new southern entrance to Erskineville Station to be built by 2023
– campaigned to save the Explorer St public housing from demolition and held a BBQ for residents
– held a bike ride to support the pop-up bike lanes to become permanent
– campaigned to save the Erko Rd Community Garden
– had a win in calling for developers to be levied for affordable housing in the City of Sydney
– campaigned for One Vote One Value in council elections, holding a public forum
– campaigned to stop the building of 390 apartments within the Sydney Park block
– campaigned against more poker machines at the Rose of Australia Hotel
– donated to OzHarvest, NSW Council for Civil Liberties and PlanningAlerts
– endorsed the Redfern Waterloo Aboriginal Affordable Housing Campaign
– maintained our affiliations with the Newtown Neighbourhood Centre and Better Planning Network, and
– kept the community informed via regular updates on email, facebook and twitter.
We look forward to you joining or renewing your membership. If you have just recently renewed, thank you for your support. Together we can make a really positive contribution to Erskineville.
The Friends of Erskineville committee
Got something to say?